Saturday, June 11, 2011

I'm Going on a Diet - A Game Diet

There are times in the life of young man when going to school and going to work become high priorities. This is the position I find myself currently. School has been knocking on my door for too long and is now resorting to more desperate measures (the scene from The Shining with the ax comes to mind). And as I have somewhat prematurely announced my resignation from my current job, I am in need of a new employment. Add in the search for a new place of residence and I could really use some cash. This means some luxuries must be cut out and unfortunately that luxury is games.

I have set a timeline for myself. Today I purchased The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D for the 3DS (my 3DS is in desperate need of love). This will be the last game I buy until September 9 when Resistance 3 is released. But do not cry for me. I will not be alone. I have compiled a list of all of the games that I currently own for the three main consoles that I have either started and never finished or never played at all. Take a look.

Xbox 360
Alan Wake (Never Finished)
Beyond Good & Evil (Never Finished)
Crackdown (Never Finished)
Hydrophobia (Never Finished)
Mirror's Edge (Never Finished)
'Splosion Man (Never Finished)
Super Meat Boy (Never Finished)
Enslaved: Journey to the West (Never Started)
Timeshift (Never Started)

PS3
3D Dot Game Heroes (Never Finished)
Dead Nation (Never Finished, Playing Now)
InFAMOUS (Never Finished)
LittlebigPlanet (Never Finished)
Prince of Persia (Never Finished)
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (Never Started)
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destructions (Never Started)
Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time (Never Started)

Wii
The Conduit (Never Finished)
Elebits (Never Finished)
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (Never Finished)
Red Steel 2 (Never Finished)
Secret Files: Tunguska (Never Finished)
Conduit 2 (Never Started)

As you can see I am not short of games to play, and hopefully I will be able cross a few of these off this list. So from now until September 9 I will not buy any game whatsoever. This includes new, used, retail, download, old games on Ebay, etc. I will buy nothing. There is but one exception. Since I have a free month of Playstation Plus due to Sony's "Welcome Back" program, if I see a good deal on the PSN I will not let it go to waste, but I will not use Playstation Plus for more than those 30 free days. 

Wish me luck. The hunger may be strong, but I am stronger.

-Alex Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment